Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sam Makia and the Makapuu Beach Boys - Hawaii The Fabulous Fiftieth State


I'm going to have to start using my scanner for these LP covers. That there looks like crap.

This one here is for ol' Pappy the Sailor. Pappy likes the Hawaiian stuff and I've been slacking a bit on the Hawaiian side and focusing more on the Exotica. I promise to try and have a more balanced selection in the future.

This LP does have an Exotica tie-in since Sam Makia and the Makapuu Beach Boys are backed up by the Frank Hunter Orchestra. Yup, Frank Hunter of White Goddess fame.

13 tracks of Hawaiian instrumental standards backed by an orchestra. These are more haole than hapa but they do feature some great time-warping steel guitar (listen and you'll know what I mean). A few of these tracks are medleys of two songs. That's the way they are on the album, I didn't present them that way out of laziness!

Sam Makia and the Makapuu Beach Boys

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!

thanks,
Pappy

7:22 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

mahalo kono and pappy!

11:14 AM  
Blogger ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ said...

Kono, Hope you enjoy the Rockabilly! I have certainly been liking the Island music here. My bro in law is full Hawaiian and turned me on to it recently.

Timbo

11:01 AM  
Anonymous sex shop blog said...

This won't really have success, I consider like this.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home