Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hilo Hawaiians - Honeymoon in Hawaii


This was a booklet plus LP that was sold or given away to tourists by City Bank of Honolulu. Its a fairly large book that gives an overview of all of the islands, Hawaiian history, language, culture as well as current attractions. The art and photos suggest to me that it was made in the late 60s or very early 70s. The album that was included is "Honeymoon in Hawaii" by the Hilo Hawaiians. Its a beautiful little slab of island goodness and one of my very, very favorite Hawaiian music LPs.

There are at least two versions of this LP that I've seen and in both instances the song lists on the covers do not match those on the labels (the labels being correct). The only questionable thing about the label listings is that Aloha Oe is at the end of side one, whereas on the cover (and as common sense would suggest) it closes side two. Since the labels are correct in all other aspects I have continued to use that track list order for my files.

Enjoy

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kono,

Thanks again for the reposts and for this! I traveled through Hawaii alot as a kid in the early 70s and this will be a great "return trip".

Chris

10:37 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

i love this album cover kono, i been menaitng to rip it ~~ you saved me some work! mahalo!

9:57 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

*meaning* :P

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just uploading my rip of this and searched for the cover to use, and blam! you already did it! I love this record. Especially 'He Aloha No O Honolulu'.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked my copy up at the Goodwill for 99 cents.

It has a different Jacket too after alitte searching it's the 3rd Jacket I have seen.

You can see it here http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=122

11:01 AM  
Anonymous 4rx said...

IT has been a good information for me because I didn't know that it had been sold to tourists, so I want to know if I still can get this album everywhere.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Shivi Choudhary said...

Post is good, as your blog for more interesting stuffs click here and watch >> Free Stock Cash Tips

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Songs pk said...

This is a nice site.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home