Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Featured Drink - Dragon Lady


I sometimes dabble in creating my own concoctions and this is one of them. The drink usually fills the glass to the rim but I drank a little bit before I thought to take a pic.

Dragon Lady

1 oz vodka
1 oz sake
.75 oz ginger brandy
.5 oz falernum*
.5oz passion fruit syrup
1 oz grapefruit juice
.5 oz fresh lemon juice

Blend with 10 oz shaved ice and then pour into pilsener glass.

I'm not too much "into" garnishes so I just threw a cherry on top but if you can think of a better garnish let me know.

John Taylor's Velvet Falernum liqueur is my preference but the Fees Bros falernum syrup works well also.

Feedback appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger johnny dollar said...

sounds like a decent coctail, my good man. regarding garnish, i like it when they are thematic - so if you could find little plastic dragons or maybe something "asian lady"-like like the little umbrella that might work. maybe the ubrella thru the cherry.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home